Here’s Camper’s take on a quick and tasty campsite meatloaf:
- 900g extra lean mince (beef, pork and veal)
- 1 packet onion soup & dip dry mix or onion mushroom mix.
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (seasoned crumbs work well)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 large baking potatoes cut into wedges-microwaved for 5-6 minutes before adding to mix, or boil till nearly done in a billy
- 3 cups baby carrots or slivered whole carrot
Mix meat with soup mix, milk, bread crumbs and egg.
Form into 8 mini equally-sized loaves.
Place each loaf on a 45x25cm sheet of tin foil, spray with cooking spray.
Spread a layer of tomato sauce over each.
Place about half cup of potatoes and carrots around each loaf and fold tin foil into tight packets to seal edges.
Place packets in camp oven, cover and cook medium heat 25 to 30 minutes or until veggies and meat are done.
Rotate packets after 15 minutes.
To serve, slit an X into top of foil and carefully separate so steam can escape.
These can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time.
Serve with a nice tossed salad or coleslaw and bread rolls for good meal.
This recipe and much more appeared in Camper Trailer Australia #124. Subscribe today for the latest caravan reviews and news every month!