- 12 baby potatoes
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, shaved into ribbons
- 1 red onion, sliced finely
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 smoked trout, deboned and shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- 1 stickchopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring a pot of water containing the potatoes to the boil and cook until done, as you would for a potato salad.
When almost ready, add snow peas and cook for one minute.
Strain off the potatoes and peas and run under cold water to stop them from cooking further.
In the meantime, mix all the dressing ingredients together, season to taste with more salt, pepper or sugar as required.
Cut the potatoes into bite size pieces and toss all the other ingredients together until well combined.
Drizzle over the dressing and give the dish one final toss. Serve with crusty bread and a glass of chilled Sauvignon blanc.